Anchors for Hurricanes and High-Wind Storms
Due to the large number of variables from soil type to wind speed, our anchors have not been scientifically tested in hurricane and high-wind conditions.
However, we've had several customers report that our anchors have successfully secured sheds, decks, docks and other structures in wind-driven rain storms and hurricane-force winds. Read their stories below.
Arrowheads - 6", 8" and 10"
Penetrators - 18", 26", 36" and 46"
Our Load Capacity Chart serves as the best guide for selecting an anchor based on pull-out strength.
"I used 4 of the PE18 with straps on each of our large sheds and after the hurricane I checked and the sheds had not moved."
-Dave P., Tampa, FL
From Bradley, in Miami, FL:
"My Earth Anchors worked great.
· I used them to tie down a Grumman Aluminum canoe in my back yard in case of a Hurricane. I am glad I did. They were tested by Hurricane Irma that hit most of Florida. The Canoe never budged. The storm did knock over trees in the area and I got a neighbors canopy in my yard that was anchored to his concrete slab.
· The installation was a bit difficult because of the type of soil we have, if you can call it soil. We have basically rock for soil. The area we are on is fill called oolite stone. Basically Coral Rock.
· I used a Bosch hammer drill to pre drill a ¾” hole then used a Ryobi 18 volt Impact Wrench to install the Screw anchors. Our ground is hard as concrete. I first tried with a regular drill and a socket wrench. That did not work. Using the Bosch drill and Ryobi Impact wrench worked great. Now I have 2 new tools.
· I was very satisfied with the order. It was filled promptly.
· I would recommend you any time. Your product is great. It held during a Hurricane. I am glad I decided to use it. Worth every penny. One less thing to worry about during a Hurricane.
I have attached a photo of the installation of the Earth Anchor. As you can see from the white powder around the Earth Anchor, our soil is rock.
Thank you for a great product and quick service getting it out to me."
Another customer used 8" Arrowhead anchors to secure a dock through Hurricane Sandy.